Anxiety and Depression
Are you dealing with anxiety or depression?
If you are experiencing persistent feelings of fear, being overwhelmed, or worry, or you are continuously feeling low, sad, and disinterested, it may be due to an episode of anxiety or depression.
The impacts of anxiety and depression on your life can be significant. It can affect your relationships at work or home, your ability to perform tasks and make decisions, it can interrupt your sleep and diet, increase illness, and can cause you to withdraw from your usual activities.
Common symptoms of anxiety and depression
Some common signs of anxiety and depression can include:
- difficulty concentrating,
- constant fatigue,
- panic attacks, irritability or moodiness,
- negative, obsessive, or catastrophic thinking,
- often feeling overwhelmed or unhappy,
- low self-confidence and self-esteem.
These are just some potential symptoms – this is not a comprehensive list. Symptoms will vary from person to person. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Causes of anxiety and depression
There are a number of reasons you might be experiencing symptoms of anxiety or depression. It may be due to:
Life events – workplace stress, change or loss of job, relationship or family issues, abuse or trauma, or a significant loss (this could be a loss of identity, ability, or role, or it may be the death of someone you care about);
Individual factors – family history, genetics, or personality traits;
Health issues – chronic or serious illness, chemical imbalances, or mental health factors;
Substance use – alcohol and or drug use, misuse and abuse (even what some people consider “normal” or “acceptable” use of alcohol, over-the-counter or prescription medication, and illicit drugs can cause or exacerbate symptoms of anxiety or depression).
Treatment options for anxiety or depression
Treatment options for anxiety or depression include firstly talking with you doctor for appropriate diagnosis, to explore any underlying physical issues that may be present, and for correct prescription of medication if required.
Professional counselling can help you learn ways to manage the symptoms of anxiety and depression, as well as support you to change unhelpful thinking patterns, increase your coping skills, and make positive lifestyle and behaviour changes. All of these things work together to reduce the impact of anxiety and depression on your life, and help you to recover.
You can find more details about types, symptoms, and treatment at mindhealthconnect: an online gateway to trusted mental health resources and content from Australia’s leading health organisations.
How I can help
As a qualified and experienced professional I can help you to manage anxiety and depression through the provision of confidential and secure online counselling or telephone counselling. I can help you:
- manage your symptoms,
- build your resilience and ability to cope,
- address any underlying personal issues,
- change negative thinking,
- make positive lifestyle changes, and
- break bad habits that may be hindering your recovery.
I provide a variety of approaches in the way we work together and the activities we undertake, which means we can find what best suits you in coping with anxiety and depression. Some of the things we can do include:
- growing your understanding of how past experiences are impacting your thoughts and behaviours,
- rebuilding your self-esteem,
- improving problem-solving skills,
- learning relaxation strategies,
- developing your self-confidence, and
- helping you to make positive changes in your life so you can achieve the outcomes you desire.
Your sessions with me
You can book your sessions with me right here on the website, and you choose how long you want to spend with me.
Our sessions will be online by video chat, or over the phone. You decide what best suits you. And you can switch between the two depending what you feel like on any given day. If you want to chat with me on the phone while sitting in your pj’s from the comfort of your couch – that’s fine by me.
Working online or by phone means your sessions are accessible from wherever you are so long as you have access to a phone or computer. This is especially relevant if you are in rural or remote areas and are unable to get to physical location for support.
My session times are flexible so you can fit them in around your other commitments. This is perfect if you can’t attend sessions inside the standard office hours of most health services.
Together we will find out what works best for you to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression and help you to recover.
Book Your Session Now
- 60 minute Counselling OR Coaching session, Online OR by Phone
- Your first session includes an extra 20 minutes FREE to allow for introduction and service orientation
- Receive a FREE session summary following your session
- Ongoing support available between sessions by arrangement