What is Career Coaching and do I need it?
Career Coaching helps you to identify your professional goals or career direction, strategise a way forward to achieve those aims, and supports you to overcome challenges that may impede your progress.
How do you know if you need a Career Coach? Ask yourself some of these questions…
- Are you bored or feeling stuck in your job?
- Do you feel in over your head – out of your depth?
- Is your job causing you unmanageable levels of stress?
- Do you feel disconnected or unsupported at work?
- Are your relationships at work or home strained because of your job?
- Do you feel overworked or undervalued in your job?
- Did you think you were in the right job, but now you’re not so sure?
- Do you dream of taking a step to the next level but aren’t quite sure the best way to go about it?
- Are you looking for a complete change, a new direction, but aren’t sure where to start?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you will benefit from career coaching.
Let’s face it – we all have times we could use a coach! Someone in our corner, someone to bounce ideas off, someone to give us a fresh perspective and impartial guidance.
Common reasons people use Career Coaching
Some of the common reasons you might engage a Career Coach is to:
- identify and achieve professional development goals,
- explore training options,
- highlight personal potential and career opportunities,
- support informed career choices or choosing a new career path,
- implement career planning and execution,
- plan and take action towards career objectives,
- examine thoughts, behaviours and habits that may be inhibiting professional growth,
- be held accountable to plans and agreed actions,
- overcome obstacles impeding progress,
- manage workplace issues or career transitions.
The effects of not addressing your coaching needs
Ignoring your needs leaves you open to unpleasant and potentially serious side effects. You may experience:
- increased stress levels,
- low self-worth and self-confidence,
- symptoms of anxiety or depression,
- affected sleep and diet,
- strained relationships with family and friends,
- self-medicating to cope,
- isolating yourself and withdrawing from your usual activities.
This is just not worth it! You don’t have to let it get to this – or if you’re already here – don’t let it go on like this.
I can help you.
How I can help
Taking on Career Coaching with me gives you an added bonus. Many coaches focus primarily on a forward plan and goal-setting, not addressing underlying issues or past experiences which might be holding you back. I am qualified to help you work through any personal issues that arise during the course of your coaching – where other coaches may have to refer you to a qualified counsellor or therapist for further support.
Having your coaching provided by a qualified and experienced professional is ideal for maintaining and strengthening a positive working relationship, and it means you don’t have to retell your story to someone else down the track if things get tough.
Working together I can help you to:
- gain insight into your personal interests, skills, strengths, drive, and preferred career pathways;
- overcome anxiety and fear, build confidence, and communicate more effectively;
- find a more satisfying career path, broaden your perspective, align your work with your values and goals;
- explore your potential and capabilities, develop solutions and strategies to achieve your goals, and empower you to be the best version of you.
I provide tailored support for your career development needs, offering a variety of approaches and activities we can undertake to achieve your desired results. Some of the work we might do to achieve your goals includes:
- learning how your mindset may be impacting your performance and progression,
- activities to increase your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- further developing your problem-solving, communication and leadership skills,
- exploring your options, strategising the best way forward, and holding you accountable,
- pushing you out of your comfort zone to make positive changes and take action towards achieving the outcomes you desire.
Coaching sessions with me
Your coaching sessions with me will be online by video chat, or over the phone. You decide what best suits you.
You can even switch between the two depending what you feel like on any given day. If you want to chat with me on the phone while sitting in your pj’s from the comfort of your couch because it’s your only day off or you’re working a late shift – that’s fine by me.
You can book your sessions with me directly using the Contact form. My session times are flexible so you can fit them in around your work commitments.
With your commitment and our collaborative partnership, we will get you to where you want to be.