What is a Personal Development Coach and do I need one?
Personal development coaching can help you to improve self-awareness, identify your strengths, develop your potential, and enhance your quality of life. How do you know if need a Personal Development Coach?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you lacking self-confidence?
- Do you feel unable to assert yourself when interacting with others?
- Are you dealing with a lot of change in your life?
- Do you want to make changes in your life but you’re not sure where to start?
- Is your health and well-being not what it could be?
- Are you struggling to cope?
- Do you fear change?
If you answered yes to any of these, then a Personal Development Coach is exactly what you need.
As your own Personal Coach I will help you to overcome your fears, learn to cope with change, build your personal strength and resilience, and improve your self-esteem and self-confidence.
This supports you to enjoy more meaningful and harmonious relationships, be clearer and more powerful in your communication, and enhance your overall well-being. All of these things enable you to successfully achieve whatever you set your mind to.
Common signs you could use a personal coach
We all go through times when we lack clarity, feel confused, our emotions are running riot, our relationships are strained, and we feel like we’re just not coping with life. This is the time to reach out. You needn’t walk down ‘struggle street’ on your own. It can get dangerous out there!
Some of the common reasons people will seek personal development support include:
- experiencing low self-esteem or low self-worth,
- lacking in self-confidence,
- dealing with change or life transitions,
- lack of direction or focus,
- unhappy with current life circumstances,
- unable to effectively communicate or assert needs,
- unsatisfactory health,
- afraid of change or unsure where to start.
How I can support your personal development
My personal development coaching gives you the benefit of getting life coaching, plus any counselling you might need, all in one. Where a life coach might focus solely on forward-planning and goal-setting, and a psychotherapist will deal primarily with past experiences, I can work across both areas depending on your individual needs. We will work together to:
- increase your self-awareness,
- improve your skills and effectiveness,
- build your sense of identity and self-esteem,
- develop your strengths and identify potential,
- enhance your quality of life and work-life balance,
- improve your health and well-being,
- build and execute your own personal development plan,
- develop your self-determination and achieve identified goals,
- strengthen your communication skills and relationships.
I call upon a variety of approaches in my work and the types of activities we might undertake. Together we tailor your sessions to incorporate what will work best to help you to reach your full potential.
Some of the work we do together to achieve your goals include:
- assessing your skills and abilities,
- finding ways to strengthen these and build your potential,
- identifying and setting goals,
- developing strategies and plans for achieving goals,
- tracking your progress and holding you accountable,
- building your resilience and ability to cope with change or adversity.
Your personal development sessions with me
Your sessions with me will be online by video chat, or over the phone. You decide what best works for you. Session times are flexible so you can fit them in around your other commitments.
You can book your sessions with me right here on the website, simply use the Contact form to get started.
Working together we will develop a customised personal development plan to support your personal growth and help you achieve success and well-being. What are you waiting for? Let’s get started!